Friday, November 4, 2011

When the universe unwinds for you...

I came across a song on a mixed tape the other day that I wanted to identify. I hadn't listened to this tape in at least 4 or 5 years. The song was a short piece, with a number of singers, singing, bum bum ba-da-da-da-da-da, for the entire length of the tune and I knew it was from the 1960s or 70s but that wasn't much help. How in the world was I going to find it?!? I tried googling "song with bum bum da da da" -- a hilarious attempt that produced a whole lot of nothing. I thought I'd try playing it for Doug, but didn't hold out much hope he would know it.

And then the universe answered....

I was listening to KCRW and would you believe, they played a song that sounded like MY singers!! And the group's name...The Swingle Singers.

However, the universe did not stop there, because last night, Doug and I watched the film The Trip and would you believe that the two characters, on their road trip, decided to sing the exact song I was looking for! Ok, fine, don't ask about my taste in music, that's not the point of the story.

No comments: